Monday, January 22, 2007

Hello there!!!!! How 'ya doin? So much "stuff" has been going on over the last several days since my last update--I'm so sorry for taking so long to get back to this BLOG. Blog. What a funny sounding "thing". BLOG. How ya doin' today? Oh, I feel sort of BLOG today. Hey--we're being attacked by the vicious alien BLOG. I mean...what???

Anyway--hey. What up? What it be like? Get down, get funky--now get back up. Here's a pic I want to share...ready...here it is...


This where I was on Saturday morning--the Kingsmen Alumni Corps (KAC) performed as an opening act for the world famous NAMM Show at the Anaheim Convention Center. This picture is looking north--and you can see the tympani right there on the left side--the tenors behind them--the snares, and then--a little difficult to see but definitely there was 95 brass players and about 40 flags behind them. Now--this may prove impossible--but I'm IN THIS PIC. Find the drum major. He's the guy that seems elevated center right in the pic. Now--if you draw a line at a 45 degree angle DOWN from the right side of the drum major, you can clearly see half of my head. LOL!!!

Why was I there? I am the self-proclaimed "Voice of Southern California", and the KAC contacted me about 2 weeks ago asking if I could announce them to the crowd. It was VERY cool. I'm thinking about doing a review of the performance up on Drum Corps Planet. Anyway...it really was a SPECTACULAR performance. There were HUNDREDS of people outside listening to the corps, and they were hyping big time. They loved it, and so did the KAC. Great job by them.

Here's another quick pic for ya...This is my Sarah Bearah--sitting in the pilot's seat of her Uncle Jonathan's C-5 up at Travis Air Force Base. She's such a cutie. What a great little post Christmas trip we took. It was fun, especially for the kids. The tour of the C-5 was pretty fascinating to say the least. It was HUGE. It's a double deck plane, the lower half obviously being the cargo hold, and the top half being the crew quarters and the cockpit. It's really nasty in terms of cleanliness--really old--but wow. Pretty roomy!! Jonathan allowed me to go up another ladder just outside of the cockpit, and I was LITERALLY on top of the airplace, about 5 stories up off the ground. I won't be doing THAT again anytime soon.

And one last picture...My two most favorite children on the planet. This was taken about 4 months ago, but this is typical of the two. Michael and Sarah are just inseperable, which is actually pretty cool. I know siblings fight and don't get along some times, and that's to be expected. But I know that sometimes siblings aren't EXPECTED to get along. I will be the OPPOSITE of that as a daddy. I will EXPECT them to get along and be friendly and loving towards each other. And, I'll try to run a "fair and equitable" household so not one or the other feels slighted. Is this Pollyanna of me??? I don't know--but I DO know that right now I'm really digging this whole DAD thing!! LOL!!!! I love watching my kids play and how they interact and their personalities...it's great. Loving it.

Ok...well...that's it for now. There's a ton more to talk about, but I'm a little short on time. Career is going well...family is obviously going well...I'm healthy...fat...but healthy...and started announcing again for WGASC...and what else? That's about it--this is a boring post but hey. It's free!!!

Thanks for reading.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man! ... all that and you didn't tell everyone about the Lite Brite. LOL

wtran7 said...

hey there IS a picture of you announcing, and PRACTICING before the gig... :-p

your kids are cuties tho :)