Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's been almost a year....

Well...if you're reading these words right now in my "notes" section of my Facebook page, just know that I'm actually typing this in my blog, The Observations of "The H", located at Blogspot. Interesting little turn of events that caused me to come up here to type a quick diddy.

I was doing a project for my boss at work today, and putting together a rather basic but very "H"-like PowerPoint presentation. I was looking for images of Carbon Canyon on line, and came across a great blog that I had no idea existed...it's called the Carbon Canyon Chronicle located at http://carboncanyonchronicle.blogspot.com

COOL!! Because I too reside in the famous canyon, I thought it was rather cool that someone took the time to create a blog...and it's actually VERY WELL DONE. Dude knows how to write well...has some historical info about the area (which absolutely gets me all warm and fuzzy because I love history, and gives an insight into some current events regarding the canyon. AND...the dude takes some pretty good pictures.

Anyway...I was reading his blog and then I got to thinking that I sort of missed The Observations of "The H" and got to thinking WHY I originally set it up (again--big thanks for the inspiration to the hard-working man on the west coast, Lee Rudnicki), and how much fun it was to hear from people both on-line and in the "meat world" who would say they actually READ THIS DRIVEL...a mismash of commentary on life, politics, drum corps, marching band, the fuzz in my naval, movie reviews...the same crap I do on the notes section in Facebook...see that's just the thing.

I'M TORN between Facebook and this blog...that's the issue.

Anyway...there you go...and here I am...and away I go...

Until next time, don't forget to visit me on Facebook if you're one of the few last hold outs that exist on this planet that haven't become a part of that cult. Come on in...the water's fine!! :-))))

3 comments:

Tony, the Restless Foodie said...

I say stick with the blog - it's much more interesting to read than those quick "tweets" on Facebook.

Jaime said...

You have a blog too!?! As if we don't get enough outta you on FB. haha

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!