Friday, October 17, 2008

I HAVE THE KONK!!!!!!!!!!

Recently, it was related to me by a good friend at work that his wife was "worried" about me, and how I've recently become "all political". Hardly ALL political, but yes, I've reached a point of frustration with our government SERVANTS that has pretty much bordered on nuclear meltdown. If you look on my Facebook page, I'm a tried and true Libertarian, something I've joked about on this very blog as something I didn't even KNOW until I "took the political party test". I wasn't slightly, or to the right or left, of Libertarian. Oh no...I was pretty much living in the lower colon of Ron Paul-level of libertarian. And I really think it comes down to my ever-increasing lack of confidence (to say the least) on anyone within politics (no offense to my good friend Jon) being "honest". It simply doesn't exist. Yet...we as a society JOKE about it. Cartoons, and editorials, and blogs, and "shruggin' the shoulders whaddya gonna do" attitudes abound with this "acceptance" of really, what I refer to as, on the VERY basic level of human interaction....DISHONESTY.

This recent "rescue plan" for the economy, this 750 BILLION dollar exercise of throwing a Big Gulp full of water on a raging forest fire, is a joke? WHY!?!?!? Because what we DON'T know about it--and that's the "earmarks" that are part of it. Not even about the fruitlessness of this "rescue", it's about people in politics getting what they WANT for THEM. Really. That's the BOTTOM line. So I'm sick of it. Really. Sick of it.

Not to mention this campaign. There was about 5 minutes of the presidential debate that I listened to before I seriously got nauseaous. There was NOTHING said--it was finger pointing. It was worthless. It meant NOTHING. Empty words. Empty promises. BY BOTH of these guys. And it's in a long line of previous empty promises.

We don't...oh sorry...I DON'T trust my government anymore. I simply don't. We as a people have let things slip away from black and white, right and wrong, into moral ambiguity, relative ethics, lies, corruption...oh the list goes on. But that's human nature, Turner...it's too be expected. I say it's NOT to be expected. I EXPECT leaders to hold themselves to a higher standard. I EXPECT that the good of the citizens of this country are FIRST AND FOREMOST in the minds of those that we pay OUT OF OUR ASSES IN TAXES FOR IN GOVERNMENT. But it's just not so.

So...that's why I've become "political". I'm not jumping on any bandwagon and saying "Vote for (insert name)" because no one is worthy. True, I've dug a little deeper and apparently Obama has some good ideas that if I were to be completely honest, I tend to think he may have an edge over McCain in (and I'm speaking directly about his tax plan). But I stop myself RIGHT THERE--because it's probably NOT going to happen. Maybe it's because it's a lie from Obama, or maybe "something will happen" and the 95% of us that are supposed to get a tax break under him won't enjoy it. So I say vote for no one. What does it matter?

But you wanna know something?? Here's where I think I have found, at least in this clip, my voice. I love Jon Stewart. I think he's a great talent, and he says it like it is. Watch this clip, and just feel behind the comedy the frustration that he speaks to...and of. That's me. You can put my face on Stewart's body, and I'd say the same damn thing.

But I'm louder. :-) Enjoy...and then I'll see you later...as our country continues to sink to new lows...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan:
Just what I was feeling. I have ties to the founders, through my mom's family...AND THEY ARE ALL SPINNING IN THEIR GRAVES!!
It seems the folks that had much to do were quashed in the first parts of the primaries and the ones that were left simply knew how to manipulate a little better. I must give Obama credit for his use of texting and more modern tech but