Friday, June 30, 2006

HELLO OUT THERE!!! I'm really starting to see the light now. No...really, I am. Moreso now at age 40 then ever before.

First--and this probably has a lot to deal with in terms of my new position at OCFA--but what is there to be scared of???? Sincerely...rejection? Feeling stupid? Hurting your rep? WHAT? I guess at the beginning of my new assignment sitting in a room full of "big name" reps from other disciplines within our fire department, I was pretty overwhelmed. But as soon as I realized they put their pants on the same I do in the morning (something I teach in marching band and in leadership consults that I do), that even if they have more experience that doesn't make them an expert on what WE do in ECC. So therefore, I spoke up. And it's spilling over into other parts of my life. More on this to come?? Maybe....MAAAAAAAAAAAAYBE.

Second--the "fallout", or more accurately, the MANIA revolving around the Kingsmen and their first appearance in more than 20 years as a drum and bugle corps at the Walnut Show is STILL reverberating almost a full week later. I was honored to be a part of that by helping to develop a script and hype the crap out of the corps as they set up at the show. It was basically a 3 1/2 minute history lesson on the corps. The Kingsmen TORE IT UP!!! It was a fantastic unbelievable performance. And as soon as I get the go ahead from the powers that be, I'll put a link up here so you can hear my Pearly Tones and get a glimpse of "history in the making".

Third--a rather ROTUND friend of mine warned me about my sudden interest in self-preservation as I attempt to start walking on my lunch break to maybe lose a tad of POUNDAGE. He reminded me that fat people shouldn't walk because our thighs rub together--and well, it being summer and hot and all--we could start a freakin' brush fire! So--I guess I'll be walking out on the streets. Oh oh...does that make me a street walker?

Fourth--same previously aforementioned friend motivated me through a clever psychological torture method that was successful in it's goal--to GET ME TO UPDATE MY DAMN BLOG!

So...we're even Steven now brah?

Yeah.

Whatever Turner.

NOW GET OUTTA HERE...and I promise I'll be better in my blog upkeep.

No comments: