Wednesday, June 21, 2006

OK...here's a definition of a small world PERSONIFIED by the following events.

Last night, as you could read in my blog, a co-worker and good friend was chiding me about my blog and that I should update it more often. So...in a fit of childish knee-jerkish "I'll show him" rage, I started a new entry into my blog--I was planning on not saying ANYTHING, but ended up saying a lot. GO READ IT NOW.

Anyway...TODAY, while at work....onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn my lunch break, yeah, MY LUNCH BREAK, I went to my blog to see if anyone had left a comment. And lo behold my friend did, telling me good job blah blah blah. I then went over to my own profile as I was going to start doing something. I can't remember. But in my profile, there are certain words that are linked so that you can go check out the profiles of other like-minded people on whatever subject. So, in my "hometown" area, I listed Brea as my hometown. That's where I live. Well, I on a whim today...ON MY LUNCH BREAK...clicked on Brea and up came a bunch of profiles from people I would assume have some connection to Brea if not actual residents.

And I noticed a profile with the name of Dave Bourgeois (that's French...and it sounds like "booogshz-waaaahhhh"). Well, I was friends with a like-named lad in Pasadena back when I was in 7th grade or thereabouts. I thought--heck, what are the chances. So I emailed him the following quick email...

Hi Dave-I stumbled across your blog during the process of writing my own blog. Your name is interesting, as I grew up in a neighborhood with a friend with your same name. Not what I would call the most common name in the world. My friend had a sister named Bethany or just Beth, a few years younger. And they lived in a 3-story condo at the end of my street in Pasadena. We all went to the same church as well-First Church of the Nazarene. Common friends were Tim Lenderman, Steve Elder, Pastor Mark (now I can't remember his name)...etc, etc.

So-wild chance as it may be, but IS THIS YOU????

And if so, do you remember me?


And guess what? The guy responded back. He said that he had no idea who I was and that if I ever contacted him again he'd have me arrested! I'M KIDDING!! No...he actually typed back and said, "YEP, IT'S ME! But I don't remember you at all." I was heartbroken. Actually I wasn't. I was bummed though. He moved before we became REAL good friends but really the point of this story is this.

WE LIVE IN A VERY SMALL WORLD!! I mean...FREAKY small. I didn't expect a response from the guy, much less a response that confirmed it was the same guy. Unless...unless...unless he's lying to me!!!

OHHHHHHHHHH CRAP!! Maybe that's what's happening!??? :-)))))) I kid...I kid...oh well...just wanted to pass it on.

ARE YOU HAPPY DUMITRU???

1 comment:

JD said...

Yup< i am very happy....see what happens when you spend time to update your blog and put forth the effort.

But let me clear something up for folks, you don't live in the fine town of Brea...you live on the outskirts, in a canyon...yup where banjo's play at night and girls are afraid of their fathers....and seeing a dead body in the road way, well...if its only 1 thats a good day....oh yea, teeth aren't really a valuable assest in your neck the woods....I don't mean to rant...