Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Uhhhhhh....duhhhhh....uhhhhh....

It's been....yeah....been really rough last few days. Lots going on at work for our new program coming on line. Some dispatchers starting to grumble--which is to be expected. This is MUCH larger than I thought. Ended up working a 12 hr day in my office--that's new!! IN AN OFFICE FOR 12 FREAKIN' HOURS!! Getting geared up for marching band drill design season. Getting my life worked out so I can adjudicate in the fall for SCSBOA. Trying to get things completed for So Cal Dream to get them ready for the first show of the season. Drum corps season starting. Announcing and MC'ing gigs coming up. My kids are getting bigger every day--my son is starting to look like a full back. Wife hates me--but likes my pay checks. Need to send some invoices out to a couple of clients. Need to confirm some things for the PC show in Walnut. May get the Newbury Park show to announce, too. Impulse Board of Directors--things coming down the pike with that.

(((sigh)))

Just look up at the top of this page for the description of The Observations of the H. This is typical.

And can we talk about the damn weather for a minute?? I'm partly a weather geek--have been for a long time. I keep my tabs on what's happening meterologically speaking. YESTERDAY, they were reporting "clear and continued hot hot hot for southern California, with highs in the metro Orange County area into the low 90's, and above 100 in the valleys."

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh....the sun didn't come out from behind that big LOW CLOUD BANK in Orange County until WELL after 2pm.

Now, you may be thinking, "Turner--that's awfully trivial to be noticing the descrepancy between weather forecasting and actual weather." You're right. Perhaps I should be more concerned about the fact that the thought just struck me that today is 06/06/06. Or that the economy, touted as great, is close to imploding. Or that we're STILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL in Iraq....STILLL!!! Or that Iran and their crazy punk-ass president keeps sticking his finger in the side of the U.S. to remind us he's NOT going away, or his nuclear capability. Or that China strangely has been building up their military with a budget that Rumsfield even admitted recently was WAY beyond what they thought it was. Or that the Cavaliers ARE tilting their drums this year with Jim Casella in charge. WTF was THAT???

I just want some damn normalcy, people.

And I don't think it's that freakin' hard to figure out if it's going to be hot....or cool....or clear...or cloudy.

That was a weak rant. But it's all I can do right now. Being that it's 5:50am, and I should have been on the road for work about 5 minutes ago.

And my hair is a mess.

An unadulterated horrendously skewed set of follicle, the likes of which I've NEVER seen. I must have gotten up in the middle of the night and stuck my head in a blender.

Bye for now. Did you get anything out this post? NO?

So??????????

Now get outta here....

2 comments:

Lee Rudnicki said...

I think they give out awards to people who can write coherently at 5:30 a.m.

wtran7 said...

ROFL.... Agreeing with Lee...

I got something out of this post.. I got a good laugh...