Friday, July 07, 2006

There's a disturbance in the force...

First--Kim Ding Dong Il decided that he hadn't said enough with his "nuclear war" threat to America, so in a truly symbolic fashion, decided to launch some missles in a "test" on July 4...just as we were celebrating our freedom AND launching our Space Shuttle. Now--say this had been the old Soviet Union doing this, or China--I'm sure we'd be a far different nation today. Mainly because we would have all simultaneously crapped our pants. BUT--this being North Korea, run by a short, puffy-haired, Mazda RX-7 collecting (true!) nutball--I think our government was more like in a "ohhhhh him again?" mood. So, we activated our missle defense system (true), NORAD kicked it up a notch on their own alert board (true!), I'm sure we had large parts of the Pacific Fleet hanging between them and us (probably true), and I'm sure that had something actually landed on American soil, Pyanopingpong or whatever their capital is would have been a parking lot as of today. Saddam was one thing...but this little ankle biter is another. My take...just be happy I'm not king. Because North Korea WOULD DEFINITELY not exist right now. And I think there MAY be a credibility issue here with our country, as a KNOWN hostile communist country made some pretty serious threats AND launched some missles. And we did--NOTHING. We talked. We stepped our defenses. We bitched to the UN. We had "stern warnings". Is it just me, or is it true that bullies ONLY UNDERSTAND POWER BY FORCE?

Second--not to scare anyone, but there is a health issue I am dealing with. I'll just say that while it creates some hilarity at work, I'm thinking there actually may be a medical problem going on. I'll just say that extreme fatigue has entered into my life, and it's a little scary. I'm NOT used to extreme fatigue. I'm talking falling asleep at times when I really shouldn't be...like during the day...typing at my computer...and NOT REALIZING I FELL ASLEEP. That indicates there may be something wrong. Keeping an eye on things. Going to try crystal meth and some crack for awhile and see if I can get myself back on the normal Ryan H. Turner track.

Third--my home computer is starting to not be so reliable. Does anyone happen to know why in the boot up process my computer will stop before even getting to the opening Windows XP screen and give me a DOS-like line that says "DISK BOOT FAILURE--PUT IN SYSTEM DISC AND HIT RETURN". Sounds bad. And it's random.

Fourth--I had a great 4th of July. God Bless America.

That's it--I'm MCing the Loud Music Symposium tonight, and the Impulse show on Sunday. I'm working at the Fire Department for a 24 hour shift on Saturday. Busy busy busy...

No comments: