Friday, September 08, 2006

Deep breath...

Well, I'm going to start today (Friday) on a sad note. I went to Chino Hills HS's rehearsal last night, and met most of the staff. We have a new visual guy--Joe Gray--who is absolutely super. Didn't realize it until he pointed it out, but I already knew him because he's the boyfriend of Jen Johnson, who I basically saw "grow up" in the Fountain Valley HS guard. She went on to great success as a guard instructor for Mater Dei and the incredible Santa Margarita guard, and performed for several seasons with the Bluecoats, and ended up being hired by Bluecoats to be their business manager. VERY talented. So anyway, I RE-met Joe, and he's a great instructor. Reminded me of me in some ways how he instructs. Got to meet the famous John Mapes, percussion guru. WOW!! I've heard so much about him, and actually had seen him several times over the years, but this is my first time to work with him. What a great guy, and so incredibly talented. He's definitely on the road to be the next big thing in the world of marching percussion in my estimation. Chino Hills drum line is superb this year. But...what was sad was this.

I looked around halfway through the night, and realized that I was BY FAR the oldest person on staff. WAY older than the director! He's just a KID!!! (I'm kidding Justin...relax!). Man...it was really a realization I had last night. Sometimes those things smack me in the head when I least expect it...

I'm not going to apologize for my rant from yesterday for the "essence" of the message, but I WILL say that I'm sorry I may have been not my normal goofy and happy self. I just...I don't know...maybe it's been the incredibly long hours I've been putting in between teaching, writing, career, and family. But yesterday was like I had one last nerve left, and people were jumping up and down on it. Just be glad you weren't driving on the roads with me. SEVERAL drivers received my wrath as I went from point A to point B!! Hahahahahaha...sorry...LOL!!!

I'll try to be happier today. See??? I'm smiling right now. :-)

Whatever...now get outta here.

1 comment:

wtran7 said...

hey ryan...


man when you update your blog.. you really update... ya know I've been checking up at least once everyday since you got back from DCI and you STILL haven't written about that.. but hey its okay :)

as for your rants and raves....


i look at it like this.. hey its your niche on the internet... you're only human... you can't be happpy bubbly (yea i said it) Ryan all the time...

things happen... we get mad... we get frustrated... we vent

SOOOO my friend vent away and lay off the in n out :)