Thursday, September 07, 2006

A little more ranting...take it for what it's worth...or I'll just shut it all down...

Sorry for the previous outburst.

A blog, for those that are not "hip" to what it is, is an online "journal" if you will. It is simply a collection of personal opinion, and somewhat of a log of events that may be of interest to other people. Opinion is a funny thing for a person like me that wears so many hats, especially in the "world" of pageantry (lower case indicating the world at large, not the website of the same name). I inadvertently "represent" many different organizations because I hold some kind of position...i.e, board member, drill designer, consultant, dispatcher, judge, etc. I am allowed...at least I SHOULD be allowed...to voice my concerns and OPINION about events that have occurred. It is NOT my intention to be two-faced as such that I would "run to my blog" to blevy about something, but then in "real life" go about my business like nothing is happening and all is well. I will post from time to time frustrations, "REAL TIME", and hopefully, maybe, find some solace, comfort, or hell, even THERAPY by typing it out. It will NEVER be my intention to publicly bash an organization that I may be a part of. Nor should there be a LIMITATION of my ability to express in a most docile and bland way a "concern" about something that's not necessarily a huge indictment of an entire organization. To me, in my book, it says something about maturity and accountability to be able to say "Hey, we/they/them/us could have been better in this department" or something akin to that level. It certainly is NOT, again, IN MY BOOK, an indication that anything is a FAILURE, nor does it mean that there is trouble ahead and oh my God, let's not TALK about it.

But on the other hand, I hope that in my 40 years of existance, that I can and HAVE found a balance between being a complete ASSHOLE about things and totally ripping whatever apart, versus on the other side of the spectrum being so PC about things that I wouldn't be able to type a freakin' thing. Sooooo...hence....my outburst earlier today. If truth MUST be told, I was about 2 freakin' seconds from deleting this stupid blog and moving on.

But I decided maybe, just maybe, I'd take a second and put something out there now that may entice someone (or the plural...SOME) to see how the little hamster turns the wheels in my mind, and hell, who knows, maybe even CALL ME or EMAIL ME. But hey...that's cool...I am who I am and I say what I say and this should be water under the bridge. But sometimes, I just get a feather out of alignment because things are blown out of porportion, at least in MY book (and this is MY book).

Changes have been made in my blog...course correction made...lesson learned...I understand "the other side" of the argument...but I have to have my say. So...there...I said it. And it probably makes absolutely no freakin' sense to anyone except those who it DOES make sense to. Understand? You don't? Oh well... :-)

And my mailbox is currently EMPTY.

No comments: