Friday, September 22, 2006

Hello from the Great West...

Ryan H. Turner coming to you LIVE from beautiful Orange County, California...and what a day it is. Today we were supposed to start seeing the effects of a possible Santa Ana windstorm, but true to form, the FREAKIN' WEATHER GUYS GOT IT WRONG AGAIN. Currently I'm sitting under cloudy skies with a stiff COOL wind coming from the OPPOSITE DIRECTION that a Santa Ana windstorm would come from. HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILARIOUS. Happens all the time. Which just goes to show. There is no such thing as weather FORECASTING...they should just call it what it is. Weather GUESSING. There is no future weather other than what you're experiencing right now.

I've had the good fortune of being contacted by 2 friends from my past who stumbled somehow upon my blog. I really dig the fact that people are reading this. But it also intimidates me to some extent. One of the people that contacted me is a high-faluting executive for some company and he's just on another level of existance from me. BUT...he's super cool and we email back and forth every so often. Known him since 1980. And the other person is far away in another state, with a husband and kid, owns an internet based business, and is in all ways apparently quite successful. I miss her...we go WAY back... you're not supposed to have regrets in life, but I regretted the way I treated this person back "in the day". Young, stupid, and scared I was. Anyway--we're in contact and catching up and she's great. In case she's reading...HI!!!!

Marching band season in full swing now--I have 11 bands, and according to the Excel chart that I created that helps me with Project Management, I have 89.3% complete with my shows, I have 43% outstanding fees on my projected fee income, and I'm getting set to judge 12 shows in southern California and the Nebraska State Marching Band Finals!!! Ooooooooooooo rah!!! Busy man. I'm also helping out Impulse behind the scenes with a couple of projects, and I'm hopefully going to be asked back to head up the visual design for So Cal Dream.

Oh ... and I was hired today to write the drill for Capital Sound, a Division III corps out of Madison, Wisconsin. Sort of like the younger brothers to the Madison Scouts. I'm VERY much looking forward to this new assignment. Can't wait.

Anyway--I'm going to go eat lunch now. Have to meet up with some Impulse people and a sales rep friend of mine from Kanstul Horns.

I'm having a GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD day...

1 comment:

wtran7 said...

WOW!!! CAPITAL SOUND?!?!?!?


ryan!!! congrats i'm glad to hear you're having a good day...!!