Thursday, November 29, 2007

Just a TAD jealous...but only a tad...

I've been a big fan of talk radio for a VERY long time (gee--I wonder why!??). I grew up in a household where talk radio was on a lot. My dad used to listen to the old Ken and Bob Show and old Paul Harvey ("Gooooooood day!!"). My brother was a HUGE fan of that sportsshow and I can't think of the name...it'll come to me but it was on in the 70's. I actually have a tape of my brother calling in to this guy--I'll have to dig this out.

Anyway, I've been a long-time listener to KFI 640, more STIMULATING talk radio. Have been around long enough to have listened to the old Mother Love show, Joe Crummy, "Combover Boy" Tom Leykis (yes--he used to be on KFI a long time ago), Laura Schlessinger (before she was famous and was on at NIGHT), Dr. Ruth (YES!!! HER!!!), Scott and Neil (would have been good had they just stayed together!!!), Karel and Andrew!!!, oh my gosh--I'm a talk show geeeeeeeeeek--Stephanie Miller (KFI's lone liberal, but MAN she was funny!!), Mr. KFI, Phil Hendrie, Marcia Clark, blah blah blah. Anyway...have been such a fan of talk radio that I've been known to call in several times over the years. But I've never ever been a GUEST.

Well...I'm just a tad jealous of my friend Jon Dumitru who I have talked about on this blog before. His blog is great, and he's actually the one that motivated me to start my own blog and has had the duty over the last 2 years to make sure I update this on a regular basis. LIKE ANYONE CARES!!! Anyway, he's a city council member for the city of Orange as well as the Mayor Pro Tem, and he's been at the center of an issue that otherwise SHOULDN'T be news but because our society is hell bent on making sure we're politically correct about everything, it HAS turned into an issue. In any event...Jon was a GUEST on the John and Ken Show yesterday afternoon...and in case you want to listen to this friend of mine of 14 years, who yes, spent $20 of his own hard earned money and had a "money dance" with me at my wedding in 1995...go to:

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/LOSANGELES-CA/KFI-AM/JK1128075P.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=LOSANGELES-CA&NG_FORMAT=talk&SITE_ID=616&STATION_ID=KFI-AM&PCAST_AUTHOR=KFI_AM_640&PCAST_CAT=Arts_and_Entertainment&PCAST_TITLE=JOHN_AND_KEN



Anyway--good job Jon!! And while I'm at it...I might as well make sure I'm abundantly clear about where I stand on "illegal aliens". Package it in any form you want to, call them whatever you like (migrant workers, undocumented immigrants, whatever), make them to be the martyrs all you want....I say ROUND THEM ALL UP, AND DUMP THEM ON THE CAPITAL STEPS OF WASHINGTON DC AND SAY "YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU DEAL WITH THEM!!!!!!!!!!!" No no no...wait a second...we can't depend on our Federal Government for much of anything anymore, so let me restate my goal. Round up all the illegal aliens, and DEPORT THEM BACK TO THEIR COUNTRY OF ORIGIN and show them the LEGAL way to enter our country. And while we're at it, actually FOLLOW FEDERAL LAW and CRIMINALLY CHARGE COMPANIES that hire illegal aliens. Just as Jon said on his guest appearance yesterday--you CUT OFF THE SOURCE OF THE MONEY, and they'll go away. Trust me. They'll go away.

It's sort of like gas prices that everyone and their mother bitches about. You want to spend less on gas?? STOP DRIVING SO MUCH!!!! Real easy.

I'm out

1 comment:

JD said...

Hey when i get my own show out of this I will allow you to get my coffee...LOL....Thanks for your support buddy!!!!

Keep on reading

www.jdaroundorange.blogspot.com