Thursday, August 24, 2006

A truly sad day...

There have been times over the past few years that within the music business people have passed away. For instance, one person in my own life, Ron Hoar, died and it was quite a blow. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get out of work to get to his service. But most have never heard of Ron Hoar. A GIANT in music education here in southern California. Anyway--many have passed away seemingly recently, both famous and not so famous...but none hit me in the heart like what happened today. I was driving to an appointment today when KFI radio announced during their half hour news break that Maynard Ferguson had passed away last night. That was really really sad...and it hit me in the heart. I grew up listening to Maynard, being a "Fanaddict" and a member of his fan club, and following him religiously all over southern California. I'll type more later but something is wrong with this interface and I can't make a new paragraph...bye for now.

No comments: