Friday, July 25, 2008

Geeeeeeeesh!!!

Geeesh is my term that I use sometimes that keeps me from invoking other less-than-favorable colorful metaphors ($1 to "just-a-damn-minute-admiral" Spock). But I think I have now reached the very limits of my ability to hold on to my emotions. Let me ask you a question.

If I said the following to you either here or in person, what's your FIRST response:

Barack Obama MUST be stopped.

Did you get a strange reaction right then? Did you think maybe I'm losing my marbles? Or I'm beginning to plot his demise? I'm not. But boy, the more I read and hear about this guy, the more I become seriously, seriously concerned about the very future of this country. I suggest you look into this if you care.

And I can't say with any sense of seriousness that McCain is all that great either.

I can't believe how political I've become in my old age. Amazing...check out my Facebook account, and apparently I've gone from the right to being a libertarian. And I didn't even know it. Actually, I'm not just a little libertarian. I'm a freakin' DYED IN THE WOOL libby.

Amazing...I bet my friend from high school, Jim Little, who was the first to teach me about political parties, is chuckling to himself.

No comments: