Saturday, July 26, 2008

Why do I not like Obama?

A friend of mine through Facebook wanted me to account for my recent Obama rant by asking a relatively simple question--What don't I like about him? He's charismatic, he's a great speaker, he's got people swooning to him, he's "against the war in Iraq" (I put that into quotes because I haven't heard exactly WHY he's against it--it's just the current "buzzword" to get people to say "Yeah yeah yeah--that's right, ME TOO! I'm against it!!"), etc, etc. He's a man that was able to go to a foreign country and get 200,000 people to come to a speech. A speech that I'm not sure had any "purpose" other than to...uhhhh...well, I don't know. Was it a campaign speech in a foreign country? Why??? Germans don't vote for us do they? Was he there as a senator? Well--uhhhh...if he was, WHY? Was he there as a president? Uhhhh...sure seemed like it. But he's not. So--there's a certain "strangeness" that's hard to put my finger on, but I'm certainly not the only one to see it, or more importantly, FEEL it. To me, he's bamboozling the HELL out of everyone that listens to him. There's a VAST surge of this irrational EMOTIONALISM that is based on his concept of "CHANGE". CHANGE WHAT?!?!?!? That's what bothers me. He speaks in platitudes, he speaks out of both sides of his mouth, yet, it gets glossed over by starry eyed reporters that are too weak, too limp and not adhering to journalistic standards to get him to respond and defend his positions which seem to flip flop about.

But I guess MY biggest issue outside of this massive irrationality by my fellow Americans....or Germans for that matter....is the tax issue. I come from the land of "fruits and nuts" and am paying taxes for things that I think I don't really need to be paying taxes for. I'm lucky though I don't live in Los Angeles city proper. They're getting taxed--or about to be--FOR PLASTIC BAGS! Come on...please...but MY issue is pretty simple. We are being lied to by the people that should be working FOR US. Politicians CONTINUALLY tell us that we're "out of money" and we need to "increase revenues" (fancy pants talk for increase taxes--but that's not politically expedient to actually SAY increase taxes). They tell us that we need more taxes on gas, we need a toll lane on our freeways, that we need to do this, do that, pay here, pay there. ENOUGH!!!

If I am, as a halfway responsible American am to be able to live within my means, balance my checkbook, plan for my future, keep my finances straight, manage my household, and be "productive", well then DAMMIT ALL SO SHOULD THE POLITICIANS THAT ARE IN OFFICE!!! Our own state government, run by a has-been actor, is actually considering SLASHING THE PAY OF 200,000 CALIFORNIA STATE EMPLOYEES TO MINIMUM WAGE WITH A PROMISE TO PAY LATER WHAT THEIR NORMAL SALARY IS (RETROACTIVELY OF COURSE) BECAUSE THEY CAN'T FREAKIN' DECIDE ON A FREAKIN' BUDGET!!!! Wait a second. So...if I can't figure out MY budget, can I just go ahead and arbitrarily decide to stop paying my bills, and tell maybe Time Warner Cable or So Cal Edison or National City Credit "Hey--my wife and I are having some disagreement about our budget so I'll just get back to you with a payment when we get things figured out." That sounds like BULLcrap, doesn't it. That's EXACTLY what our politicians are telling us. BUT WAIT TURNER--what the heck does that have to do with taxes? Because these are the same knuckleheads that tell us they need MORE MONEY because they can't manage what they already have. See the vicious cycle?

I'm done with it. Really. We have a state infrastructure that is FAILING, and everyone is so racially sensitive that calling a spade a spade is so taboo that we FAIL in taking care of our OWN legal citizens. My roads wouldn't suck, my schools wouldn't suck, my taxes wouldn't be so high, my hospitals wouldn't be either closing or be FULL of people that can't pay if, ohhhhhh, I don't know...WE STOPPED ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION YA THINK!!!??? Human rights is one thing, sovereignty of one's country is another. And yeah...I know I just misspelled sovereignty. But you know what I mean. Soooooooooooooooooooooooo....

Why don't I like Obama? Read the following--now that you just read my rant:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: INTERESTING INFO ON TAXES

You can verify much of this here: http://money.cnn.com/news/specials/e...008/index.html
Of course, you may have noted that Obama's position appears to be changing, so you will have to pay attention to see what his latest approach is at buying votes.

INTERESTING DATA JUST RECEIVED ON TAXES
This is something you should be aware of so you don't get blind-sided. This is really going to catch a lot of families off guard. It should make you worry. Proposed changes in taxes after 2008 General Election:

CAPITAL GAINS TAX
MCCAIN
0% on home sales up to $500,000 per home (couples). McCain does not propose any change in existing home sales income tax.
OBAMA
28% on profit from ALL home sales
How does this affect you? If you sell your home and make a profit, you will pay 28% of your gain on taxes. If you are heading toward retirement and would like to down-size your home or move into a retirement community, 28% of the money you make from your home will go to taxes. This proposal will adversely affect the elderly who are counting on the income from their homes as part of their retirement income.

DIVIDEND TAX
MCCAIN 15% (no change)
OBAMA 39.6%
How will this affect you? If you have any money invested in stock market, IRA, mutual funds, college funds, life insurance, retirement accounts, or anything that pays or reinvests dividends, you will now be paying nearly 40% of the money earned on taxes if Obama becomes president. The experts predict that 'Higher tax rates on dividends andcapital gains would crash the stock market, yet do absolutely nothing to cut the deficit.

INCOME TAX
MCCAIN (no changes)
Single making 30K - tax $4,500
Single making 50K - tax $12,500
Single making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 60K- tax $9,000
Married making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 125K - tax $31,250
OBAMA (reversion to pre-Bush tax cuts)
Single making 30K - tax $8,400
Single making 50K - tax $14,000
Single making 75K - tax $23,250
Married making 60K - tax $16,800
Married making 75K - tax $21,000
Married making 125K - tax $38,750
Under Obama, your taxes will more than double!!!!! How does this affect you? No explanation needed. This is pretty straight forward.

INHERITANCE TAX
MCCAIN 0% (No change, Bush repealed this tax)
OBAMA Restore the inheritance tax.
How does this affect you? Many families have lost businesses, farms, ranches and homes that have been in their families for generations because they could not afford the inheritance tax. Those willing their assets to loved ones will only lose them to these taxes.

NEW TAXES BEING PROPOSED BY OBAMA
  • New government taxes proposed on homes that are more than 2400 square feet.
  • New gasoline taxes (as if gas weren't high enough already)
  • New taxes on natural resources consumption (heating gas, water, electricity)
  • New taxes on retirement accounts, and last but not least....
  • New taxes to pay for socialized medicine so we can receive the same level of medical care as other third-world countries!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm back...so as you can see--if you actually took the time to read the above--that we are in for a rude awakening. That's why I say "Obama must be stopped". This is ridiculous. To think that we responsible Americans are being asked to give up more NOT for anything worthy, but because THEY can't manage what they have is simply tooooooooooooooooooo much to ask of me. I'm all about being fair and I'm all about being accountable. So if I HAVE TO BE...so should they...they being the very government servants that we voted in. If you want to vote for Obama, go ahead. Fine. If you have anything concrete you can hook on to when it comes to Obama other than pulling the troops out of Iraq (which incidentally will happen anyway), go for it. But for the reasons above, as well as his indefensible behavior and attitude towards the military on this recent roadtrip, I will NOT support him...and I will do what I can to STOP him.Legally of course.(Side note to my friend from Facebook...politics is a tricky thing to talk about, and I may seem overly fired up. But California is a ____hole compared to when you were growing up here. I have a little vested interest in my state and I'm sorry I get/got riled up. And believe me...5 years ago, I barely cared. But I do now.)

And by the way--just so I don't get "labeled" as ranting and raving right winging conservative, WHICH THANK GOD I'M NOT, I plan on in the next few days of releasing the hounds on John "I'm pissed off and I may have my finger on the nuke launch button soon" McCain. You think Obama is bad.

You ain't seen NOTHING yet.

No comments: